End of transition period UK Withdrawal Agreement approaching


The transition period in the UK Withdrawal Agreement is expected to last until the end of 2020. This will have an effect on the residence status of UK nationals and their family members (any nationality) . UK nationals, as non-EER and non-Switzerland nationals, will need a valid residence permit to live, work and study in the Netherlands. If you employ UK nationals or if you are a UK national living or planning to start living in the Netherlands, you must apply for a Dutch residence permit prior to 1 January 2021.

Back to overview

Would you like to speak to an expert for your cross-border employment matters?

Request a free consultation